Thursday 29 May 2014

A bit of background...

Late last year I was persuaded to have a go at getting my children's story, "The Ballad of Kissy Sizzle", published. 

Originally, since I had zero confidence in my writing abilities, I chose to publish under a pseudonym and release the book exclusively on Kindle.

I sold a few ebooks and, buoyed by this rather small success, began work on the second book, "The Plight of the Bumble Bee". I also opted to move away from ebooks and made book one available as a paperback. This meant earning far less on each sale but the satisfaction I got from seeing photographs of my physical book posted on Twitter more than made up for it. I was even asked to sign a copy, leading to a day or two of my wandering around Horwich with a chest like a pigeon and a grin fixed in place.

I also decided to begin using my real name. I can't tell you what a buzz it is whenever I see a book on a shelf with my name on it.

I didn't, and still don't, believe I'll ever "make it" as an author, but people have read my words and taken the time to pass back to me some very positive feedback. If I never sell another copy I'll still count this episode in my life as a success.

To all of you that have bought "The Ballad of Kissy Sizzle" I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You've made an old man very happy and I love you all.

For any of you that haven't already read my book and that want to just follow the link (Below) to my lovely Amazon store where you can find my book(s) along with many other lovely tomes.

John Spacey.


No comments: